Monday, September 22, 2008

Back on the road

I was back in New York for a very short period of time before I left again, this time to head upstate. This morning I did something I always promised myself I would NEVER do-

I drove a car through Manhattan.

And I obviously lived to tell the tale, so yay, go me! I picked up my car this morning at 7am all the way up on West 81st Street, which meant that I only had to drive a couple blocks before I was out on the highway, meaning that I only got cut off by about 6 angry cab drivers. I suppose I need to ease myself into it, but you can bet that you won't find me driving through midtown at rush hour- I have to draw the line somewhere.

Today I am in Saratoga Springs, which is a beautiful little town about 3 hours north of the city. The place is full of antique stores, Bed & Breakfasts, and amazing Victorian style homes. My campus visit today took me to Waldorf Saratoga Springs, a small private school up here. It was great- I ended up having lunch with the parents of an interested student, where I found out that her father is from Shreveport, Louisiana. Such a small world! I am out of here first thing in the morning to head back home, making 1 more visit on my drive back.

Oh, and happy first day of Fall!

No comments: