Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Who I am, Where I am, and What I do here

For my entire life I lived in the south. I never ventured far from home, not even when I left for college. Armed with a Bachelor's degree in advertising, I headed back home to Tallahassee where I got a Master's degree and a few years of work experience under my belt.

Then I moved to New York. Which, some may say, is a very far cry from home.

So far I love it here. I have a lot of friends (it seems like tons of people from UF moved up here...) and a really interesting job that keeps me occupied. And on the road. A lot.

My job here is the assistant director of admissions for a unique 4-year degree program that sends students all over the globe. We are based out of Brooklyn, but our students get their education everywhere. This program attracts all different kinds of students from all different backgrounds. My job is to visit schools in the region and try to get high school seniors to sign on to spend 3 and a half years globetrotting.

Next week I embark on my first adventure, which will send me to Maine and New Hampshire. I am thrilled about the opportunity to travel and see the Northeast during the fall, which I have never done. I have always had an interest in education (hence the career choice), so I am excited to visit high school campuses all over the area.

That is where this blog comes in. My viewing public (meaning my parents, a few random aunts and uncles, and a handful of friends) want to know where I am going and what I am doing when I get there. Soooooo, welcome to Sarah's life on the road!

No comments: