Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Home, sweet home

I am finally back in New York for a couple days. It is nice to rest a bit and sleep in my own bed. My day in Philadelphia was great- I've never been there, so it was fun to get to see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. It is amazing how much really important stuff happened there!

I spent Sunday doing a huge college fair in Philadelphia and then immediately hit the road to head to DC. I was lucky enough to have dinner with a friend of mine from grad school who just moved to Philadelphia. I met him on my way out of town- it is nice to have company instead of eating alone! On my way to DC I realized that I had been in six states and one "district" (New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and DC) in less than a week.

I met some college friends on Sunday night, again- it was nice to have company after traveling alone for so long. I spent Monday doing another college fair, taking a break to have lunch with another college friend (so many friends, yay!)....after a very long week of travel, I returned my car to the airport to catch a flight home.

It was long, and quite a disaster. Let's just say that I hate JFK. The airport, not the dead president. But I am home safe and sound, and I get to stay in New York until Sunday before I pack my bags and do it all over again.

No comments: