Friday, September 26, 2008

Hello from Pennsylvania!

Hi friends and family- Sarah here, blogging from Bensalem, Pennsylvania!

It's cold and wet up here in the north. Fall/Winter is starting to come on and it's getting cold out. Combine that with the rain and it gives me a dozen excuses not to leave my hotel room. Since arriving in Pennsylvania, I have visited 2 more private Quaker schools, one of which was founded in 1799! A tad bit younger, the other school I went to was founded in 1893. The campuses are beautiful, both of them are boarding schools, so they feel more like college campuses than a high school. I like these places- a lot of them have working farms! It's fun, and a really great experience for me to visit all these non-traditional high schools. I am learning a lot about different styles of educations that are so unlike the way I was educated.

This weekend I head to Philadelphia. I get a day off on Saturday to explore the city, which is exciting because I've never been there. Hopefully the weather is better than it is today....

On another, completely unrelated note....If you have a Rita's Water Ice store near you (for you Tally folks, it is by Gold's Gym on Pensacola) drop by and get their Pumpkin Pie Italian Ice- it is so good!

1 comment:

The Tabot Fam said...

Hey you! So...I'm coming to new york! But not the big city (though it doesn't seem like you are there so much right now anyway). I'm visiting my grandma in the country, Binghamton area. I tried to find a train or something to come see you. Any suggestions. I'd love to visit. =] I'm headed up Oct 9th through 15th.